SimWorks Studios has released its Maia-Vilar de Luz Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The small GA airport located in the Portuguese countryside is situated 10km from Maia’s town center. Surrounded by stunning countryside, hills and other visual delights, this is a great airport for those looking to try a stint of VFR flying around Europe.
The airport product features an animated hangar and workers, along with a detailed interior of the airport terminal. Planespotters are also throughout the airport appearing at various times of day to check out your landings. In addition to the airport, Torre do Lidador has also been created in high-detail and serves as a visual landmark for pilots flying into the airport.
The release of the airport marks a new partnership between SimWorks Studios and Orbx where this and future releases will be made available through OrbxDirect. You can buy SimWorks Studios’ Maia-Vilar de Luz Airport from Orbx for $22.99 AUD (approximately US$17.09 | €14,06 | £12.65).
- High detail buildings and surrounding area of Maia airport
- High detail interior of the terminal building
- Animated hangar that will open its doors in the morning and close at night with the airport.
- Custom tunnel, under the threshold of Runway 16
- Planespotters are scattered around the airport, appearing at different times of day
- Animated workers are about doing their job.
- High-detail rendition of Torre do Lidador, home of Maia’s town hall. Created in high detail, the 20-storey tower is a visual landmark for pilots flying to Maia airport and we have made sure to add it as one in the simulator.
- As a bonus, the package features three repaints of the default C172, C152 and Savage Cub painted in the Aeroclub’s colours.