Just over a year ago, we introduced you to simpleFCU, a way to create your own 3D printed Airbus-themed FCU. The idea is that you order the relevant files and a selection of components that get sent to your house. However, you would have needed to of printed various 3D pieces. However, the new Assembly Edition comes with everything included, meaning you just need to assemble it yourself. No need to 3D print anything.
SimpleFCU Assembly edition features 4 amber seven segment displays, 7 Korry type Dual LED switches and 4 Push & Pull modules. You are the pilot in command! 5 more LEDs are designed for improved indication of Flight Director, Landing Gear and Parking brake. On top of all these features, HDG TRK (SPD/MACH) hardware switch is still available.
If you’re wondering how this all works, it communicates via Arduino MEGA and MobiFlight software with the WASM module installed for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This module is able to sync the relevant data with the SimpleFCU displays, buttons and LEDs. Right now, it’s functional with the FlyByWire A32NX. If you’re after a more Boeing-style, then this is in the works.
- Main PCB fully assembled with all the displays, connectors, LEDs and SPD/MACH switch
- LED indicator board fully assembled as well
- Encoders & switches needed for Korry buttons and Push&Pull modules
- PCBs for Korry buttons fully assembled
- Arduino MEGA and custom designed shield with 1.5 m USB cable
- Main data cable from Arduino shield to main PCB
- All needed cables with connectors
- One main front sticker & Korry buttons stickers
- 4 resin printed Airbus type knobs
- …And last but not least, a surprise!