Sim-Wings, edited by Aerosoft, has released their Munich Franz Josef Strauss Airport (EDDM). This rendition puts the airport in its current state, but does not include the current works in the Terminal A and B and the expansion of the Terminal 2 satellite in construction to the south east of the airfield. However, the developer stated the scenery would be updated in the future in order to keep in line with the current status of the airport, which is a good news for the customers who wish to have the most accurate layout.
Other than that, the scenery features in depth modeling with seasonal textures, detailed interior terminals, accurate markings that come with PBR materials. Gates are crowded with SODE jetways, and the airport feature a nice dynamic lighting. The airport is configurable through a custom utility.
The Munich Franz Josef Strauss Airport is the second busiest airport of Germany and handled nearly 48 million passengers in 2019. It was opened in 1992 in order to replace the old Munich Riem Airport, which was cramped and too close to the city.
The Sim-Wings Pro Munich Airport is compatible with Prepar3D V4.5 and V5 and is available on the Aerosoft website for €28.53
- Highly detailed scenery of Munich Airport and the immediate vicinity
- Aerial photos for the airport and the surrounding area (Schwaig and Halberger Moos), elaborately color-corrected for a true color display
- Spring / Summer, Fall, Winter and Hard Winter textures
- Detailed ground lines and stands according to current maps
- Taxiway bridges over the access roads
- Centerlines adapted on T1 (for the construction site area there will be an update as soon as the buildings are actually completed)
- Autogen houses and vegetation at the aerial photo area, seamlessly connecting to the default simulator landscape or Orbx Germany South
- Compatible with Orbx Germany South
- Extremely detailed Munich airport buildings with interiors (apron side) and all auxiliary buildings
- Complete freight area with container storage, halls and buildings
- Animated jetways (STRG-J), SODE jetways as an optional free download
- Functional safegates with coordinate tables at every station, no need to use another add-on
- Working windsocks
- Pre-calculated shadows on buildings (ambient occlusion)
- Animated vehicle traffic at and around the airport
- Many static apron vehicles, configurable in the config tool
- Detailed AFCAD, current navigation data and approaches
- Configuration tool
- Easy installation: no change of default files of the simulator; SODE is not required for use, all corresponding functions are implemented with Prepar3D SDK tools
- Optimized dynamic lights (can be switched on or off in certain areas using the configuration tool)
- Automatically switching runway lights based on weather or time conditions
- Realistic runway, taxiway and approach lighting, flashes with dynamic lighting effects
- PBR materials, e.g. on buildings, jetways, rain effects etc.