Developer Sim-Wings has released Gran Canaria Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The largest airport in the Canary Islands is now ready to be yours and offers simmers the chance to replicate flights to Europe and South America.
The airport is a popular holiday destination for tourists in Europe thanks to its year-round sunshine and numerous resorts. The volcanic island is known for its terrain that can create gusty conditions which can pose a concern for pilots approaching the airport.
Sim-Wings has brought the airport to Microsoft Flight Simulator using the latest techniques. Some of the features include all-new terraforming to blend the airport with the default terrain, along with an accurate elevation profile for the runway. It also comes with custom aerial photo scenery for the surrounding area, use of PBR materials and precise ground markings based on the latest data.
Sim-Wings has also included realistic night-lighting, a working VDGS system (from Aerosoft) and numerous static vehicles throughout the airport to add a sense of life.
- Highly detailed Gran Canaria Airport scenery
- Terraforming to blend airport into default elevation model
- Runway with real elevation profile (sloped) and on a lower level then the Apron of the airport
- Custom aerial photo for the airport, elaborate retouching and color-correction for a true display
- Intensive use of PBR Materials to build realistic surface for all Buildings and Objects
- Detailed ground markings based on recent charts of parking stands
- Extremely detailed Gran Canaria airport buildings with interior designs at apron side and infrastructure buildings
- Detailed animated jetway models with Lighteffects while moving
- Functional windsocks
- Many static apron vehicles
- Realistic night time dynamic lighting
- Real working VDGS Docking Systems with Aerosoft VDGS Modules