Developer Seafront Simulations has released a major update for their Vessels: Enhanced AI product in the last week.
The latest version now includes over 50 high-quality, night-lit PBR models to replace the Microsoft Flight Simulator default ones, including adding wake and smoke effects to all models. Some of the models mentioned include superyachts, sailboats, catamarans, fishing, tankers, cruiseliners, cargo ships and more. With the increase in boats, performance is going to be on the user’s mind but Seafront Simulations has promised that all models are fully optimised with multiple LODs. This also means that even when flying at high altitudes of FL300+ you should still be able to spot large ships.
Additionally, this update vastly improves the regional accuracy of the product such as seeing Asian fishing boats in South East Asia or sailboats and yachts scattered around the Mediterranean. However, it is worth mentioning that this product does not add more routes to the sim and uses the default AI traffic system to display models.
Unfortunately Vessels: Enhanced AI v2 is only available for the PC version of Microsoft Flight Simulator due to a bug on the Xbox version.
Vessels: Enhanced AI v2 is available as a free update to existing users or you can purchase it from the MSFS Marketplace or Orbx Direct for $18.99 AUD (approximately US$13.25 | €12.96 | £10.95).
- Now includes more than 50 boats to replace the handful of default boats.
- Find many varieties of sailboats, catamarans, fishing boats, utility boats, motorboats, superyachts, motor yachts and more.
- Replaces the default ‘wanderboat’ leisure boat AI models.
- Replaces the default routed cargo and cruise ships.
- Regionally balanced models (e.g. find Asian fishing boats in Asian waters).
- Includes High Quality, PBR models.
- Optimised with multiple Levels of Detail (LODs).
- Includes night and navigation lighting.
- Includes wake and smoke VFX.
- *REQUIRES THE FREE VESSELS CORE MODEL LIBRARY (AVAILABLE VIA ORBXDIRECT AND THE MSFS MARKETPLACE)