REX has updated Weather Force for Microsoft Flight Simulator with its first technical update. The new update brings a range of changes that have been given as feedback to the developers since the release of the product last week.
The changelog provided by REX highlights that pressure, wind and temperature measurements are now fixed, along with improvements to how cloud coverage was handled in the simulator. Live weather at airports has also been improved for accuracy to ensure that users have a better experience with the weather add-on. In addition, REX has also improved the frame rates during the transition between weather and also how storm and cloud structures are made in the simulator. For those that had issues with the registration process will also be pleased that that has been fixed to make the experience as easy as possible.
As a reminder, REX Weather Force 2020 is a METAR based dynamic real-time weather engine designed to work exclusively with Microsoft Flight Simulator. REX claims that the further granular control of their engine creates smoother weather transition. The software uses NOAA data to inject weather into the simulator to present accurate conditions to simmers flying in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
You can buy REX Weather Force 2020 from the REX Store or from simMarket for $21.95 (excluding tax).
Weather Force 2020 Technical Update 1 Changelog
- FIXED – Pressure, wind, and temperature measurements related to aircraft position in atmosphere.
- FIXED – Improved grids for selecting airport data during weather injection.
- FIXED – Registration process with missing profile data.
- FIXED – Bug of missing data with function during static weather read.
- FIXED – Checkerboard cloud patterns and transitions between cloud layers.
- FIXED – User profile not loading during second load after initial registration.
- FIXED – Temperature and dew point being same value on main weather interface.
- FIXED – Ability to add a favorite airport.
- FIXED – Selectable area of Favorite Airport banners.
- FIXED – Upper-level winds and temperatures not changing when clicking a favorite airport.
- FIXED – Cloud coverage.
- FIXED – Pressure value being cut off from main interface.
- FIXED – Optimized code to search for favorite airport on server end.
- FIXED – Optimized code in pulling data for weather injection.
- FIXED – Improper handling of Last Update date and time on main window.
- FIXED – Issue with lightning to continue to show even when storms were not reported in the metar or remarks.
- FIXED – Aircraft and weather point location accuracy points.
- FIXED – Live Weather airport weather display accuracy.
- ADDED – Decoupled winds and temperatures from many injections.
- ADDED – Code to prevent a user from switching from Live to DCWS weather during open Weather Synthesis.
- ADDED – Sections on application to help inform the user which weather mode they are in.
- ADDED – Delete All Airports button to allow user to clear all favorite airports on client and server.
- ADDED – Response of “No records found” when searching for an airport or specific weather condition.
- IMPROVED – Frame rates during transitions.
- IMPROVED – Weather search window data elements.
- IMPROVED – Rendering of storm and general cloud structures.