Following a release at the tail end of 2021, REX AccuSeason has now been updated with a new ‘Feature Update’ that fixes a range of bugs, along with adding additional functionality for the software.
The new REX AccuSeason update adds additional dynamic seasons, additional control functionality and enhancements to the user interface itself. There has also been an increase in the tree variety, along with updates to various tree types across parts of the United States.
As a reminder, REX AccuSeason is a new “modern, feature-rich application” that contains a number of seasonal presets and vegetation options that can be applied globally to the world of the new simulator.
The product’s biggest feature, Dynamic Automation, will provide an “accurate representation of foliage as it changes with each season throughout the year” As you fly around in Microsoft Flight Simulator, you will be able to see the tree colours change throughout the year and this is done automatically based on the current date. Furthermore, if you fly from northern to southern hemispheres, you will see the tree colour changes occur naturally and will be based on accurate seasonality.
You can buy REX Simulations’ AccuSeason for Microsoft Flight Simulator from their store for $24.95 or from OrbxDirect for $35.00 AUD. It’s also available through SIMMARKET for â‚¬22.04.
REX AccuSeason Feature Update 1.0 Changelog
- FIXED â€“ Automated preset installation.
- FIXED â€“ Short tree height option not persisting.
- FIXED â€“ Compatibility issues with LGSK (ORBX Skiathos International).
- FIXED â€“ Double-clicking the Settings button in the lower-right of the application causes application to freeze.
- ADDED â€“ Option within the Automation window in which a user can set the desired system time that automation installation is engaged.
- ADDED â€“ Weeks of February for Automated Dynamic Seasons; except, the final week which is slated for the Spring release.
- ADDED â€“ The last week of February (2/22-2/28) to Automated Dynamic Seasons.
- ADDED â€“ Functionality to control additional updates to the system without the need for end-user download and installation.
- ADDED â€“ Functionality to download upcoming specialized regional content without the need for end-user download and installation.
- ADDED â€“ Enhancements section to the application interface where users can access specialized regional enhancements as content becomes available.
- INCREASED â€“ Variety of trees by adding pine trees within regions that contact both deciduous and conifer for Automated Dynamic Seasons.
- ENHANCED â€“ Winter deciduous trees, scrubs and shrubs look dormant with much less leaves.
- ENHANCED â€“ Vegetation in December through February to display darker green colors in weekly automated or manual updates. Areas included: Patagonia, Australia, and New Zealand.
- UPDATED â€“ Central and northern Florida and the southeastern U.S. coast to display vegetation that better represents the region. Scenery is enhanced in Automated Dynamic Seasons, as well as all presets and is especially useful in autumn and winter as warmer climate vegetation, which is green, is visible throughout these seasons. This was a highly requested feature from our customers, and is now available in the new Enhancements section.
- UPDATED â€“ Installation and Operations Guide.