REX will tomorrow release their updated and enhanced version of REX 4 Texture Direct for FSX, FSX Steam and P3D V1 to V4. This is a FREE update for current users of Texture Direct. It comes with a new integrated global environment texture and effect software, as their previous product did. Furthermore it will be compatible with DirectX 9 to 11 and of course it doesn’t matter if you own a powerful or weaker PC, it will work just as good on both. It comes in a package of 17 GB so it does take a bit of space on your storage. 2GB of it is brand new textures, which is what makes it the enhanced edition we were all waiting for.
A fully detailed feature list can be found at their website, but here are some of the key features below.
- All new textures, more than 16.000 files. This is the reason why it is 17 GB.
- Intellectually Synced Texture Engine that works with REX 4 Weather Direct and REX 4 Weather Architect software.
- Lightning fast installation of new textures, at most it takes around 5 seconds to load it in.
- Capable of network.
- Individually textures can be installed or if you like as a whole theme at once.
- New unique types of cloud base structures
- New cloud types such as Cirrus, Cirrostratus, Cirrocumulus.
- Worldwide tropical water classification fix which gets rid of the repetitive texture effect.
- All airport receives a payware upgrade in both FSX and p3D such as light to runways.
- Dirty and soiled runway markings are also coming
- Support for larger aircrafts markings like for instance the 777.
- Smoother transition at dusk and dawn on the algorithms.
- A enhanced and highly detailed ground rain effect
At SimMarket if you previously purchased REX Essential Plus w/Overdrive FSX P3D or REX Essential PLUS (BOX) or REX Essential German Version (BOX) you are entitled to a discount upgrade price that varies where you are in the world. If you own Texture Direct already, this is a free update.
More can be found at REX Facebook.