After releasing the trailer earlier, QualityWings Simulations has now released their anticipated v1.2 for the Ultimate 787 package. Along with a variety of fixes, changes and improvements, the update also contains the long-awaited extended variant of the Dreamliner aircraft. The 787-10, and its stretched fuselage, can carry more passengers than both the -9 and -8 models of the aircraft. The inclusion of the 787-10 isn’t just visual as it contains a new flight model and performance specific to the aircraft type.
Another key difference is the main landing gear system to help improve the clearance during rotation. The semi-levered concept is based on the 777-300 and you can also see visual differences during your walkaround. In addition, the EICAS will also closer match the real-world 787 series aircraft with these changes.
Further to the included new aircraft variant, QualityWings has also introduced the new QW Load Agent. The QW Load Agent will generate realistic load factors for your route. The payload data will come from historial real-life flights, meaning you will see quite the variety in load. A video was shared demonstrating the QW Load Agent.
In addition to the new aircraft type, further enhancements include a completely revised weather radar, windmilling on the engines, the ability to create custom SELCAL and also support for vPilot.
You can also download a range of liveries for the aircraft from the QualityWings Simulations website, which can then be applied via the QW Dispatcher.
If you don’t own the QualityWings Simulations Ultimate 787 package, you can buy it from Flight1 right now. With the new update and the inclusion of the new aircraft type, the price has increased by $10 to $79.95 on Prepar3D V4. If you previously owned the aircraft (before today), you can get the update (including the 787-10) for free as originally promised.
To get the update, you can download the full installer from QualityWings’ website, or via the Flight1 Purchase Agent. Files will be live for those who want to download a full installer from the Flight1 product page.
Full Change Log
- Boeing 787-10 variant
- VATSIM Transponder compatibility
- Custom SELCAL
- Engine windmilling effect
- Option to customize PFD colors added (see documentation)
- New QW loadagent in EFB
- Customized airline specific EFB graphics
- Reworked weather radar for improved stability, range and realism
- Cockpit Display fonts & alignment improved
- Fuel Prediction shows -nan(ind) when loading a saved flight with uplinked winds
- VC – FO EFB clickspots are out of alignment
- VC – External Power “Avail” annunciators do not work occasionally
- VC – Pedestal appears too bright when Interior Shadows are disabled (P3Dv4 only)
- VC – cockpit certificates read -8 for all variants
- VC – improved button/switch animations
- VC – HUD occasionally disappears below 30ft AGL
- VC – Yoke deflection angle corrected
- Exterior – Main Gear Tires too glossy
- Exterior – SODE jetway position too high
- Flaps 17/18/20 not recognized as valid take off settings
- PFD – Flight Director does not appear until MCP speed gets changed
- ND – “Time to Align” overlaps MAP/PLAN buttons in Plan Mode on full ND
- Display brightness setting does not get saved when clicking “SAVE CONFIG” on the QW CONFIG screen
- Panelstate – When loading a panelstate where the APU was running, the APU is shutdown but the switch in the ON position. APU should be up and running.
- FMC OPT/RECMD/MAX altitude logic flawed
- EFB – Passenger count and cargo weights incorrect for -9 and -10
- EFB – Landing Distances show as ‘0’ when using “copy from FMC”. Fixed by re-selecting the runway
- EFB – Mismatch between FMC/EICAS and EFB weights
- CDU – When entering a value to change the STEP SIZE, the scratchpad does not clear
- Excessive thrust increase/decrease during turns
- TCAS does not filter traffic outside of altitude limits (BELOW/NORM/ABOVE)
- QW Dispatcher – Pax weight changed to 190lbs
- Tail Strobe lightsplash missing (P3Dv4 only)
- White Engines appear slightly gray-ish (P3Dv4 only)
- Improvements to Panel State saving / loading
- Anti-Skid system fixed
- Exit positions for SODE jetways fixed
- Strobe lights default to OFF when loading the plane on the ground