QualityWings Simulations has released the Ultimate 757 Collection for Prepar3D V4. After confirming that the aircraft was going to be ported over to the 64-bit platform a while ago, it’s finally been made available to users to buy and download.
The entry-level 757 was originally created for Flight Simulator X many years ago. This product is a port of that same product, but now available in the new environment. Described by the developers as a low to mid-level system aircraft, the core experience of flying a 757 is there but has been made to simplify the simming experience. Many features specific to the 757 are present.
Included in the package is a product with over 100 realistic animations, flight dynamics true to that of the 757 based on Level-D simulators, AOA sensors and realistic nose steering. Inside the virtual cockpit is a range of features including a choice between standard 757 gauges or the retrofitted LCD screens, TCAS system, customisable GPWS sounds and autopilot with VNAV, LNAV, Flight Level Change and autoland capability.
To reiterate, this is a port from the original FSX version, which was released back in 2009. You do not need to own the original version. This is a standalone product offered by QualityWings Simulations. However, despite being a port, QualityWings did go ahead and make some changes to the product for its release on P3DV4.
Some fixes include transitions for some SIDS not displaying on pages, the speed dropping after climbing above 30,000ft and also fixing the ‘window close’ button on the upper-right corner of the radio stack pop-up. In addition to a host of fixes, dynamic lighting has been added along with additional FMS button functionality and a retrofit of the EFIS control panel.
You can buy the product direct from Flight1 for $14.95. There is no upgrade option for those who owned it on FSX, equally, there’s no additional cost for those who didn’t purchase it beforehand. However, if you want to buy it on FSX, you can also do so for $14.95.
FSX/P3Dv3 Version Users
If you purchased the product for FSX/P3Dv3 before May 5th 2019, you will need to convert your purchase to a Flight1 product. This is due to the fact QualityWings Simulations has dropped eSellerate. Instructions on how to do so can be found on the Facebook post QualityWings made. Instructions have been copied also below.
Full Feature List
- Detailed 2D Cockpit featuring both Widescreen (16:10 aspect ratio) and Standard (4:3 aspect ratio) resolution bitmaps
- Standard 757 gauges or Retrofit LCD displays upgrade based on real world 757/767 Cockpit Retrofit
- Detailed 3D Virtual Cockpit with parallel functionality as 2D environment. If it works in the 2D, it works in the 3D
- Option of using Round ADI or Speed Tape ADI, as well as single cue and dual cue flight directors
- Autopilot with VNAV, LNAV, Flight Level Change and Autoland capability.
- Thrust Mode Select Panel
- EICAS System with accurate differences between Rolls Royce and Pratt & Whitney
- EICAS Messages as well as EICAS Aural Sounds modelled
- Traffic Collision Avoidance System with aural warning sounds
- Customizable Ground Proximity Warning System (GPWS) with FULL Altitude Callout. You choose which callouts you want!
- 757/767 Retrofit Displays Upgrade Option included
- Standard and LITE panel modes available on the fly via the QualityWings Control Panel. Standard mode balances realism and simplifed approach. Optional LITE mode available for those who REALLY want things SIMPLE.
- Options Galore (Available via Config file)
- Flight Management System
- Exceptional attention to detail and typical characteristics of the B757
- Over 100 realistic Animations, including:
- Shock Strut Compression with realistic animated bogey tilt behaviour, controlled by XML
- Realistic XML controlled Wingflex, reacting to turbulence
- Realistic XML controlled Flap system including simulated Flap Relief System
- Realistic XML controlled Slat system including Auto Slat feature
- XML controlled Flight/Ground Spoilers
- XML controlled rudder (locks at low speeds)
- All primary Flight Controls
- Super Smooth Gear animation
- Detailed Thrust reversers with Blocker Door animations
- Entry/Service/Cargo Doors with CORRECT animation (controllable by the Qualitywings Controlpanel® )
- Realistic Nose Wheel Steering
- APU Door (opens only when APU is running)
- Outflow Valves and RAM Air inlets
- AOA Sensor
- Wheel Chocks
Change log for P3Dv4 version
- CDU – Transitions for some SIDS do not display on Page 2
- CDU – Displays only page 1 of approach transitions if Star is selected followed by approach
- CDU – Text overlap when STAR is selected. Selected Star should display next to LSK2 but displays next to LSK1 causing text overlap
- CDU – When an approach has more than one page of transitions in the database, the FMS is not showing the subsequent pages beyond page 1
- Radio Stack – ADF1 2nd digit (10’s) not able to decrease value
- MCP – Mach/Ias toggle disables Spd mode when pressed
- MCP – VNAV applying thrust when auto-throttle is disarmed
- ND – Intersections missing triangle symbol
- VNAV – Speed dropping after 30,000 feet
- Radio Stack – window close button on upper right corner not working
- EFIS popup in retro NAV AID-ARPT-DAT-WPT buttons dont light up but info shows on ND
- ND – Vertical deviation display not correct in descent
- Retrofit – Groundpseed display missing on ND
- Retrofit – EHSI DME info added
- Retrofit – 2D popup gauges resized/repositioned
- Retrofit – Stby ADI remains on as long when Stby power is in AUTO, even if Battery is off
- Retrofit – when Middle Marker displays on PFD, the radio altitude shows in the amber circle instead of “MM”
- Retrofit – ADF bearing top pointer not displaying on ND
- Retrofit – Traffic display does not adjust for range on minimap. Only responds to range of ND and not mini-map range
- TCAS – reworked to comply with other QW products
- QW Dispatcher – reworked to comply with other QW Products
- VC – FMS buttons functionality added
- VC – Gauge surface added in front of throttle quadrant for third party weather radars
- VC—Retrofit EFIS control panel functionality added
- Exterior – P3D Dynamic Lighting added (P3Dv4 only)
- Config Option “synchfplanwithfsgps=1”: Any modification to the FMS updates the default GPS flightplan