The QualityWings team have been awfully quiet the past few months as they work towards releasing the Ultimate 787 in P3D and porting over their 757 and 146 to a 64-bit environment. On Facebook, they dropped a brief update on what they’re working on. Whilst today may be full of pranks and jokes, we believe this to be the real deal from the team (otherwise hearts will be broken).
Since the FSX release last year, people have been awaiting the P3D V4 release and the first proper service pack. By now, we all know that it will only reach version 4 of Prepar3D. Because of this, the team have added some P3DV4 specific functionality thanks to the extra power of the sim. Users can expect dynamic lighting, high resolution displays and the use of TFDi Design’s TrueGlass rain effects. Further P3D version exclusive features include the ability to have the panel state save automatically when the user saves the flight, airport map taxiway, runway and gate highlighting and the ability to set the location of ActiveSky snapshot files.
Whilst no release date was mentioned, the team are aiming to release both SP1 and the P3DV4 simultaneously. QualityWings Simulations will provide a list on what to expect in SP1 within the next few weeks, whilst bugs are continue to be identified and resolved. The team did mention that they are “optimisted to be done with that relatively soon.”
After release, work will go towards their Product Improvement Package – details of which will be saved for later this year.
Here’s the full list of P3DV4 exclusive features (although one element does state FSX and others saying P3D only):
- TrueGlass rain effects (P3D only)
- Dynamic lighting (P3D only)
- High resolution displays (P3D only)
- ND: Airport Map taxiway, runway and gate highlighting
- Config Page entry for PauseAtTOD and 1xAtTOD
- Panel state automatically saved whenever the user saves the flight in the FSX menu
- Support for key assignments for autopilot / autothrottle events
- Config option to set location of Activesky Snapshot files