Developer Pyreegue Dev Co. has updated Edinburgh Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The new update includes many additions and changes that were brought in due to feedback and fixes to the SDK following Sim Update V.
Some of the more prominent changes include the addition of new 3D scanned static people, a remodelled Spitfire memorial (with correct material applied) and also new glass rain effects to the terminal windows. A number of bugs were also corrected such as stand labels and also moving the DME to be in the same position as the ILS antenna. Furthermore, you can now disable/enable static jets, along with new 3D car models that were added near the ATC tower.
You can get the update through Orbx Central now. Otherwise, you can pick up a copy for $29.95 AUD from Orbx.
- I’ve added new double-decker busses in front of the terminal entrance and also touring busses further down the parking lot.
- Spitfire memorial has been remodelled and retextured thanks to avsim users who pointed out that’s it’s not a battle unit but a model made of fibreglass.
- Treelines near the new terminal extension has been fixed and made lower.
- Glitchy fencing near 24 threshold has been fixed
- Tower lights now have greater draw distance so that you can see that majestic purple on your approach
- Added more dirt to all aprons for a more “worn” look.
- You can now Disable/Enable static jets
- Quite a few cars were missing, so more were added near the ATC tower and FastPark areas.
- You will now be greeted with static 3d scanned people inside the terminal.
- For those who own UKOO and EGPH and experienced “shared” textures between the airports after SU5, this problem should be all gone now, textures have been renamed and re-exported.
- Cargo apron now has darker pavement to closer match its real-life counterpart
- Added glass rain effects to terminal windows for those awesome rain mood screenshots
- Stands 4A/4 labels have been swapped
- And finally, DME has been moved to the same position as the ILS antenna.