Expanding their geographic reach, scenery developer Pyreegue Dev Co. has released their rendition of Edinburgh International Airport (EGPH) for MSFS.
Being the gateway to Scotland’s capital and beyond, Edinburgh International Airport (EGPH) is located 6miles to the west of Edinburgh’s city center. Having handled over 19 million passengers in 2019, the airport is considered the 6th busiest in the United Kingdom.
Originally named Turnhouse Aerodrome, the airport began operations during World War I by serving a purely military purpose. It originally served as the home base of the Royal Flying Corps 603rd Squadron. While initially only possessing a grass runway, it was eventually equipped with an asphalt runway to accommodate the later introduced Supermarine Spitfire. Following the end of WWII, the airfield was converted to serve a civilian role and saw the introduction of commercial passenger traffic beginning with British European Airways’s service to L0ndon using Vickers Viking, Viscount, and later on Vanguard aircraft.
Renowned scenery developer Pyreegue Dev Co., in cooperation with scenery developer and distributor Orbx, has released its version of this historic and crucial British passenger hub via the Orbx online store for MSFS users to discover. Containing a complete and accurate rendition of the airport, the developer’s version includes an up-to-date 2021 apron layout. In addition to the updated layout, the scenery also comes included with custom animated jetways, PBR textures on all objects & custom night lighting, to name but just a few of its features.
- Completely modeled terminal interior with executive lounges
- Custom Animated Jetways with dynamic hood fitting every aircraft perfectly
- Custom Ground polygons with hundreds of markings and accurate weathering
- 2021 layout with the Turnhouse Apron, New Long Term Parking, New FastPark service.
- Custom night lighting
- PBR texturing on all objects
- LODs and texture resolution optimized for smooth performance
- Animated vehicles on aprons
- Default ATC/AI Traffic integration
- Parallax windows on key objects to simulate interior
- Surroundings included, such as moxy, Hilton, Hampton, Holiday Inn, Royal Highland Centre, Spitfire Memorial, Almond House and many others
- Animated Archimedes Screws (Drainage system near Gate 14)
- Animated ATC Radars abeam Runway 06/24