Following the release of Prepar3D v5.3 earlier this month, Lockheed Martin has issued a new hotfix for the simulator. Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 1 (18.104.22.168130) addresses a number of issues that were brought up since the release of the latest minor update to the simulator.
The blog post issued by Lockheed Martin tell us that the items fixed were “high priority” items that were identified after the release of the last release. Fixes with this hotfix include various cashing issues, improved performance around specific areas and also numerous rendering issues with different road traffic models. In addition, the team has fixed issues with horizon haze from rendering with EA, along with fixes that caused the sim to freeze on startup in some cases.
The full changelog for Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 1 is down below.
You can read more about what improvements Prepar3D v5.3 brought in our last post.
The Client and Scenery installers are required for the fixes present in Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 1.
“If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. This will revert Prepar3D to its default settings but may also impact the installation of add-ons.”Prepar3D website.
It’s worth noting that some third-party products may require an update in order to be compatible with Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 1. You can see our compatibility list that was correct prior to the hotfix being released.
Client Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed issue where loading would take longer when in SimDirector backstage.
- Visual runway extension approaches are now enabled per aircraft instead of globally.
- Fixed crash that could occur when using the PduBuilder::GetRawData function.
- Fixed issue where gun attachments were not correctly updating over DIS.
- Performance improvements to various airport geometry flatten operations.
- Additional improvements to GPS final approach passage criteria.
- Fixed bug preventing 4th information text line from displaying.
- Improvements to intersection smoothing and taxiway rendering at sloped airports.
- Single magneto performance drop is now configurable.
- Added capability for aux boost pump to override mixture cutoff.
- Improved road traffic and light performance and fixed issue preventing exclusion areas from being checked with road traffic.
- Fixed issue causing flashlight to flicker in some cases.
- Fix erratic GPS approach CDI/CRS when passing missed approach point.
- Improved sloped airport performance.
- Fixed issue preventing horizon haze from rendering with Enhanced Atmospherics disabled.
- Fixed issue causing runway marking textures to shimmer in some cases.
- Fixed issue causing the application to hang at startup in some cases.
- Improvements to piston engines including exposing the ability to tune mixture, fixed how piston engine mixture works with boost pump active, and implementing altitude compensating mixture flag.
- Updated GPS to get reference stall and cruise speeds from ISimObjects.
- Fixed issue causing sun to be slightly misaligned with reflections with Enhanced Atmospherics active.
Prepar3D Scenery Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed performance issues in certain areas including around KMCO.
- Fixed issue preventing jetways from moving.
- Fixed various issues with missing facility objects and departures.
- Fixed issues with Charlotte coastline areas.
- Fixed rendering issues with various road traffic models causing reduced performance.
- Various scenery fixes in the DC and Hawaii areas.