PMDG has issued a new update for their popular and most recent aircraft release, the DC-6 for MSFS. The update includes a number of fixes and performance improvements, as well as some usability improvements for using the plane in sim.
Furthermore, after extensive investigation, PMDG has identified an issue that a small number of users has been reporting. Namely, that they were unable to run the installer for the DC-6. PMDG has identified this issue as a combination of moving around the simulator on the hard drive, and some Windows 10 limitations that come into effect when getting the folder name after moving around the sim. The update that PMDG has now released also tries to mitigate this issue further. If you continue to experience this issue, PMDG recommends you contact their support team.
The update, with version number 2.00.0028 is available right now for download via PMDG’s Operations Center.
- 0010048: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures/Appearance] Removal of Small Polygon artifact on glareshield in VC (vscimone)
- 0010049: [Virtual Cockpit – Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] Layout on AFE page needs to be less cramped. (hvanrensburg)
- 0009992: [Sounds] Allow hardware control of position and beacon lights (cbpowell)
- 0010036: [External Model – Geometry] LOD behavior using Drone camera (jbrown)
- 0010032: [External Model – Geometry] Shorten texture path names to help get under the 260 character limit on paths for users with abusively long path-names (jbrown)
- 0010043: [Virtual Cockpit – Animation/Functionality/Click-Spots] Add Simulation Rate indicator and reset button to Options page in tablet. (hvanrensburg)
- 0010044: [Systems Behavior/Functionality] Display sim rate and allow user to immediately trigger 1:1 time (cbpowell)
- 0009962: [Documentation] Addition to Introduction document. (hvanrensburg)
- 0010038: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures/Appearance] Sections of cockpit ceiling look flat in VR. (vscimone)
- 0010039: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures/Appearance] Entry light housing in back room looks flat in VR (vscimone)
- 0010037: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures/Appearance] Padding on walls and ceiling still looks flat (vscimone)