PMDG’s latest forum post gave us a bit of information on the most recent 737 update and an little behind-the-scenes on when to expect the long-awaited narrow body to land on Xbox platforms.
The latest 737 update is a relatively small one that focused on “focused on structural code improvements, preparations for new functionality.” The changelog below is a non-exhaustive list of some of those changes as they continue to build on the plane series that released just over a year ago.
You can get the update through the PMDG Ops Center now. It has been handed off to Microsoft for the in-sim Marketplace, but that will go live once it filters through.
- 0012284: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Small hole on VC (vscimone)
- 0011971: [General – Engines] Handling MSFS inbuilt model for in flight engine restart at high altitudes (emvaos)
- 0012338: [Main Panel – PFD] Meters Marker remains after deselection (abashkatov)
- 0011178: [Main Panel – PFD] SINGLE CH Annunciation shown with green frame (abashkatov)
- 0012358: [FMS/AFDS – LNAV] Custom waypoint off another custom waypoint naming (emvaos)
- 0011698: [General – Flight Model] AP roll channel revised with emphasis to engine out situations (emvaos)
- 0012348: [Virtual Cockpit – Geometry/Textures] Typo in VC (vscimone)
- 0012346: [General – Comms/Navs] Aircraft Type Not Used by MSFS ATC (cbpowell)
Xbox Release Date
On the Xbox release date, PMDG has pushed it by possibly a couple of weeks. Through no fault of their own, they are waiting on Microsoft to release the Xbox build to their testers in order to make sure it can release as hiccup-free as possible.
PMDG, at this point, can only guess when the 737 will release for Xbox. They stated, “if everything goes perfectly, we currently estimate they will may go live to customers on either 25MAY23 or 01JUN23, depending upon Microsoft and depending upon whether we find problems that need further testing updates“
Do remember these are estimates and that things may change.
777, and the Universal Flight Tablet
No real big shifts in terms of news on either project at this point. The Universal Flight Tablet is due to enter beta testing at the end of May. There are going to be some rounds of UI/UX improvements before it is shown off publicly.
The PMDG 777 has no new updates from the team.
PMDG at FlightSimExpo 2023
As a reminder, PMDG will be in attendance at this year’s FlightSimExpo. PMDG does not have a booth, but they will be found at the show and interacting with attendees in some capacity.
10% FlightSimExpo Discount for FSElite Readers
As one of FlightSimExpo’s media partners, we’re excited to be able to deliver a nice 10% discount to all of our readers on any in-person ticket. This is a limited-time deal, so don’t leave it too long.
At the checkout page, simply use the code: FSELITE
This will give you 10% off your tickets. Buy now!
This code will expire on June 15th, 2023.