PMDG has finally released the long-awaited and much-anticipated Boeing 737-800 for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
This is the fourth release by PMDG for MSFS, with the DC-6 released last year, the 737-700 in May and the 737-600 in July. Today, the Boeing 737 is one of the most popular aircraft in the skies today and is known across the world for being a true workhorse. Airlines across the world use the aircraft to fly all types of routes with the largest operators being Southwest Airlines, Ryanair, United Airlines and American Airlines.
Included in the PMDG Boeing 737-800 package are the passenger variant, the BBJ2 variant and also the BDSF and BCF cargo variants which all represent their real-life counterparts. A full set of ground equipment for each aircraft type is included such as passenger servicing vehicles, VIP vehicles for the BBJ2 and cargo handling for the BDSF and BCF. You can also select between winglets or split scimitars models.
Just like the previous releases, PMDG has included ultra high-resolution PBR texturing for the interior and exterior and included an authentic sound pack, recorded from the real aircraft. A number of real-world liveries can also be downloaded and installed using the included PMDG Operations Center.
As expected the PMDG Boeing 737-800 for Microsoft Flight Simulator includes deep system simulation. Every action you take will have an effect on other systems, this means care and due attention needs to be given in order to fly the plane correctly.
The 737-800 also has accurate true-to-life flight modelling and dynamics, a precise custom autopilot system and plenty of other features behind the scenes that make this one of the most simulated planes currently available for MSFS. If you are looking for even more of a challenge, a selection of failures can be triggered manually or dynamically via the onboard FMC.
Sadly, the PMDG Boeing 737-800 is still missing the highly anticipated EFB and weather radar, but this is still in development and should be coming soon as a free update after SU10.
You can purchase the PMDG Boeing 737-800 now from the PMDG store for $69.99, during the early adopter period, which will end in October. The price will then increase to $74.99.
- Fully customized system simulation for all major and minor aircraft systems and components.
- Highly sophisticated logical simulation of onboard information systems and aircraft management.
- PMDG’s customized, flight model with enhanced physics augmentation.
- Rigid body physics for the wing and tail surfaces.
- Fully customized flight control systems with normal, standby and reversionary capability.
- Accurate-resolution cockpit displays
- Interchangeable equipment options for cockpit instrumentation
- Numerous user configurable options from throughout the global 737 operator fleet.
- Updated 737 options packages reflecting operational improvements and changes to the global 737 fleet.
- Full-featured failures simulation to cover nearly all QRH scenarios as well as real-world mean time to failure simulations model.
- Native PMDG datalink simulation is compatible with simBrief integration.
- Incandescent and LED lighting packages, as well as fully dimming flight deck lights and annunciators.
- Driveable pushback tug.
- A customized sound package that leverages advanced sound recording and playback technology for incredible realism.
- A sound environment built using recordings from a purpose-instrumented aeroplane recording effort.
- Highly integrated exterior, interior cabin and flight deck sound environments.
- Includes the 737-800 in passenger configuration with both blended winglets and split scimitar winglet configurations.
- Includes the Boeing Business jet in with both blended winglets and split scimitar winglets configurations.
- Includes both the 737-800 BDSF & BCF freighter with main deck cargo door with blended winglets.
- Full set of ground equipment for each aircraft type, including passenger servicing vehicles, VIP vehicles for the BBJ and cargo handling equipment for the BDSF as well as the BCF.
- Virtual cockpit model, with ultra-high detail textures, 3D rendering and reflective properties.
- Advanced animation techniques leveraging the new MSFS engine to truly bring the 737 flight deck to life.
- Cockpit differences between the passenger, cargo and BBJ aeroplanes are accurately rendered.
- PMDG Operations Center 2.0 for easy livery installation and ease of receiving free product updates from PMDG.
- A full-featured tutorial will guide you through the proper operation of the 737 from power up to power down.
- PMDG Simulations Official YouTube content to aid new PMDG 737 pilots in getting the most from their purchases.
- Free customer support both at our customer forum and directly from our support team if necessary.