PMDG’s 737-700 for Microsoft Flight Simulator launched on the in-sim Marketplace a few weeks ago, but that hasn’t stopped the team from continuing with updates on the family of products for other users. A new update has been issued that adds a range of changes and fixes. This update covers all the 737 products including the 737-600/700/800 and the recently released -900 variation.
Rob says that this update is about making some quality-of-life improvements to the family of products. The below changelog is a bit of a mix of a few update cycles, but it gives a good idea on what has been fixed/corrected in the past few updates.
Before you do update via the PMDG operations center, you will need to update the application. PMDG said that they broke the Ops Center app, meaning you will need to follow one of two steps in order to fix it. You can either run the OpsCenterUpdater.exe from the app’s temp folder or simply download a product from their website which will automatically install the latest version. You can read the full details on how to update via their forums.
Here’s what Robert said: “Work also continues on the PMDG Universal Flight Tablet, which now has operable performance computations process that is close to being handed to the beta team for evaluation.”
PMDG 777 News
Sadly, not much here. Work continues, but nothing to show at this point.
Sim Update 12
An optional beta of Sim Update 12 is now live for those who have opted in. Understandably, Rob said that PMDG will “hold off on updates that improve quality of life for users of SU12 until it actually release to the public.”
There is talk of a possible ‘beta channel’ being made for those who want to opt into those types of builds for PMDG products (not to be mistaken for being a beta tester for new products or internal updates). However, this is behind other priorities for PMDG.
- [FMS – SID/STAR pages] Magenta line to first waypoint after departure runway drawing revised algorithm
- [Sounds – Internal/Cockpit] Air Gnd Sensor releasing Gear Lock on Liftoff not heard
- [AFDS – Pitch Modes] Pitch Guidance not adjusting for Flap Schedule on Go Around
- [AFDS – Pitch Modes] Airplane not accellerating after dual channel go around
- [FMS – Route/Legs Pages] HOLD page update with PPOS hold not executed yet but modified after creation
- [FMS – Route/Legs Pages] Handling offset route entry with very small offsets
- [FMS/AFDS – VNAV] Initial descent path adjustment at T/D to avoid too much speed gain
- [FMS – Route/Legs Pages] Transition altitude for missed APP WPTs and following Go Around
- [AFDS – Roll Modes] LNAV Stability when sequencing leg colinear with next leg
- [Systems – Wheels & Brakes] Brake Temp on differential braking inop Rt Side
- [External Model – Geometry] airstair missing texture
- [External Model – Geometry] 737 external model mesh holes
- [External Model – Liveries] Texture or Model Issue
- [Main Panel – Aural/Visual Warning Systems] Door warning lights comes ON on Recall even if all doors are closed.
- [Ground Physics] Nosewheel Steering effectivity at higher speeds
- [Geometry/Textures] Captain Footrest adjustment
- [Geometry/Textures] Texture clipping on NAV 2 panel
- [Geometry/Textures] Comm 2 strange texture
- [Comms/Navs] MMR does not remember preselected frequency
- [Radios/Comms/Navs] MMR not saving standby frequencies
- [Functionality/Click-Spots] F/O PREV PAGE button not animating
- [Radios/Comms/Navs] MMR behavior when changing frequencies
- [Geometry] Light bleeding through front cabin walls
- [Geometry] Hole in front of passenger cabin
- [Performance Pages] Consistent use of custom payload ZFW value
- [Ground Operations] Stairs 1L Arrive Even if JTWY INH
- [Setup/Options Pages] EFIS/MAP Options still greyed out
- [Liveries] Texture Alignment Between Fuse2 – Fuse3 Left Side
- [Geometry/Textures] Black texture on top of glareshield
- [Electrical] Power-up Self Test of Electrical Display not long enough when battery power first selected ON.
- [Electrical] APU GEN power save mode incorrectly triggering at Fail-toAir sense rather than APU GEN Off signal.
- [Wheels & Brakes] Autobrake Control Unit not responding to primary sensor input, relying upon alternate sensor mode for activation on landing.
- [Failures Pages] Anti Skid amber annunciator not illuminating correctly for antiskid normal/alternate valve system problems.
- [Geometry] Texture issue inboard flaps, trailing edge.
- [Geometry] BBJ no collision model in the VC
- [Geometry] Strange texture on cabin ceiling
- [Failures Pages] Engine Anti Ice failure incorrect behavior
- [Electrical] Right wiper not connected to DC BUS 2
- [Fuel] Fuel does not feed from opposite engine when 1 engine failed and Xfeed open
- [Aural/Visual Warning Systems] Six Pack IRS light on Recall test always light despite IRS is working with no issues