PMDG has released their next addition to the 737 NGXu family in the form of the BBJ expansion pack. The Boeing Business Jet pack is the third expansion for the 737NGXu and should be the last for the moment. It represents the BBJ and BBJ2 line of products, which are Business Jet based on the Boeing 737-700 and Boeing 737-800. The aircraft differ significantly from their mainliner counterparts with fully customized cabins, additional fuel tanks and dedicated system adaptations. The BBJ are also lighter and since they carry more fuel, have a significantly wider range, with 6,100 Nm for the BBJ and 5,600Nm range for the BBJ2. Around 160 BBJ1 and 2 are in service around the world.
The PMDG rendition of the BBJ aircraft features all flying characteristics of their counterparts system wise. The ground operations have also been adapted to a Business Jet, meaning no more airliner style servicing on the ground. The 3D model are dedicated to the BBJ add-on and integrates a fully modeled 3D cabin. It comprises the option for the original winglets and the scimitar winglets. In the mean time, it holds all the main features of the NGXu such as highly detailed PBR, various aircraft option and an EFB with Navigraph Charts integration.
The BBJ is also natively compatible with the yet-to-be-released Global Flight Operations, which should come out in 2020 according to the feature list (see below)
The 737NGXu BBJ pack requires the 737NGXu base pack to work properly.It is compatible with P3D V4.4+ and V5. The 737 NGXu BBJ Expansion is available on the PMDG website for $29.99USD.
- All new system simulation, utilizing the latest PMDG system simulation engine.
- Enhanced flight physics.
- Addition of rigid body physics to wing and tail surfaces.
- Improved flight control systems.
- Electronic Flight Bag with Navigraph Integration.
- High resolution cockpit displays
- New equipment options for cockpit instrumentation, fuel system changes and more.
- Changes to 737 options packages reflecting real world changes since NGX was first offered in 2011.
- Expanded failures simulation to cover nearly all QRH scenarios.
- PMDG Global Flight Operations compatibility (when PMDG GFO is made live in 2020!)
- Native PMDG datalink simulation for offline flying (similar to 777 and 747)
- PMDG’s enhanced light package for the virtual cockpit.
- Driveable pushback tug.
- This package includes BBJ and BBJ2 with blended winglets and split scimitar winglet models with differences and details accurate to their real-world counterparts.
- BBJ-aircraft specific ground equipment and operating features.
- All new external models, with PBR texturing, enhanced animations and more.
- All new virtual cockpit model, with high detail PBR texturing, advanced animations and more.
- All new, high definition sound suite recorded on a fully instrumented test airplane.
- Enhanced PMDG Sound Engine for immersive audio experience on the flight deck.
- New PMDG Operations Center 2.0