Back in September, scenery developers Pilot Plus released EGGD Bristol Airport Definitive for X-Plane 11. Following that release in October, we reported that the scenery would then be coming to the world of Prepar3D. Now partnered with Orbx, the Prepar3D version of EGGD Bristol Airport Definitive will be releasing very soon. Both on the Pilot Plus website and the Orbx forums, the scenery was showcased off with fresh screenshots and features.
The airport will feature adaptive seasonal vegetation, detailed PBR texture work and authentic night lighting. As with the X-Plane 11 version, Pilot Plus’ Bristol Airport Definitive will feature many custom made 3D objects, accurate taxi signs and lighting. Furthermore, the airport will blend perfectly with Orbx’s TrueEarth Great Britain South.
Bristol Airport, located in the south-west of England is one of the most popular airports in the region serving over 9 million passengers per year. It has seen large amounts of expansion over the past few years with additional gates, facilities and accommodation. easyJet, Ryanair and TUI are the most frequent users of the airport, along with a large selection of GA flying from the local flying school.
Orbx’s forum posts indicate that the release is soon and we’ll let you know once it’s made available.
- Pilot Plus Definitive replication of Bristol International
- Adaptive seasonal vegetation
- Detailed texturing and PBR
- High fidelity ground with crisp surrounding Ortho-imagery at 12.5cm per pixel
- Atmospheric and dynamic night environment
- Detailed and accurate 3D models with raytraced occlusion and reflections
- Authentic taxi signs and lighting
- Perfectly blends with Orbx TrueEarth Great Britain South