Bristol Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator is now available. Developed by scenery developers Pilot Plus, the UK’s regional airport has been faithfully recreated for the modern flight sim.
Bristol Airport, located in the southwest of England is one of the most popular airports in the region serving over 9 million passengers per year. It has seen large amounts of expansion over the past few years with additional gates, facilities and accommodation. easyJet, Ryanair and TUI are the most frequent users of the airport, along with a large selection of GA flying from the local flying school.
The airport product comes with precise terrain data of 1m resolution, which brings the sloped runway to life in the simulator. Across the entire airfield is high-resolution texturing, detailed ground textures and a variety of outer buildings representing the GA and maintenance hangars at the airport. Perhaps one of the more standout features is the extensive interior modelling across the airport. From the small cafes to the check-in and security areas, the airport’s interior has been recreated in extensive detail.
Finally, the team has included dynamic rain on the terminal and air traffic control tower which replicates rain hitting the transparent glass.
You can buy Pilot Plus’ Bristol Airport now from their website for £14.49 (excluding tax) or OrbxDirect for $25.99 AUD (approximately US$18.84 | €16,02 | £13.75). If you own either the P3D or XPL version, you are entitled to a 25% discount.
- An ultra-realistic rendition of Bristol Airport
- Precise terrain of 1 metre resolution, inclusive of accurate runway slope
- Full high-resolution PBR implementation, from buildings to airside clutter and ground
- Dynamic rain on terminal and tower glass
- Full exterior and interior of terminal and control tower
- Realistic and accurate night lighting throughout
- Latest high resolution ground imagery and airport layout