Ajaccio Napoleon-Bonaparte International Airport (LFKJ) is the main airport serving the city of Ajaccio on the French island of Corsica in the Mediterranean Sea. Named after Napoleon Bonaparte who was born in Ajaccio, the airport served over 1.6 million people in 2018. A single runway is located on the field measuring 7,897 feet long and a single passenger terminal for commercial flights. Runway 02 has a basic straight in ILS approach, however, Runway 20 has a very fun VPT-A approach. Due to the high terrain north and east of the airport, the approach takes the pilot on a right downwind for Runway 20 over the city of Ajaccio. After rolling out from a 180 degree right turn, the pilot will find themselves on a short 2 mile final.
Regional airline Air Corsica has a hub at the airport and services European cities in the surrounding countries. Most of the airline traffic into the airport is seasonal for those on holiday. Air France has year round service to Paris-Orly, all other airlines like easyJet, TUI, Volotea, Transavia, and others have seasonal service.
Pilot Experience Sim has recreated Ajaccio Napoleon-Bonaparte International Airport in MSFS with the help of custom buildings utilizing PBR materials. The airport has been revised to the most up to date layout of ramps and taxiways. With the help of terraforming, the airport has a very accurate ground design including the sloped runway. Areas around the airport have also been developed, cars can be seen in the parking lots, even small boulders are located on the beach by Runway 02.
The airline terminal and control tower have been designed with transparent glass and interiors. On the eastern side of the field, Air Corsica has a hangar complete with an interior as well. At the holding points before the runway, custom guard lights have been developed and flashing buoys can be seen floating atop the adjacent sea. Dynamic night lighting is included to help bring the airport even more life.
A full feature list will be included below for those interested. Pilot Experience Sim can be purchased from Simmarket for €15.00.
- FPS optimized
- Up to date realistic representation of the airport
- Advanced ambient occlusion
- Advanced realistic terra forming including sloped runway and realistic terrain profile
- Realistic ground design included HD custom textures
- 100% PBR ultra Realistic HD models of all buildings in the area
- Terminal and tower transparency and interior details included
- Detailed Air Corsica hangar included interior
- Custom PBR vehicles included
- Car park designed
- Many airport custom lights effects
- Flashing sea buoys
- Custom runway guard lights
- Advanced night textures
- Dynamic spot lights
- Repositioned PAPIs
- Added many custom PBR library objects
- Repositioned windsocks
- Online updates (PESIM Central linked)