Users of Flow by Parallel 42 will be able to get a brand-new update that includes some new features, including a new camera control panel that aims to improve the default experience in Microsoft Flight Simulator. Whilst it should be made clear that this isn’t a Chaseplane solution, it will make the user experience better.
The new camera panel adds camera speed knobs, head tracking toggles and more. It also allows you to select specific cameras included with the plane, along with resetting the viewpoint back to its default.
Alongside the new camera panel for Flow is additional features for other panels. A new altitude dial for teleporting to friends is now included, along with the ability to now display an active flight plan as a magnet line on the position widget. A full list of new features can be seen below.
Flow is available in three forms: Flow (free), Flow Essentials ($15 USD) or Flow Pro ($25 USD).
- Camera Panel Added camera speed knobs, head tracking toggle, and more. It’s no Chaseplane, but it’s way better than default!
- Portal Panel Added an altitude dial for teleporting to friends
- Weather Panel Added the ability to cycle thru various units/descriptions by clicking on the metric.
- Position Widget Now displays active flight plan as a magenta line.
- Time Panel Added time adjustments in increments of minutes, hours, days & months. Revisited the time lock icon.
- Nameplates Added the ability to modify the size of flight data on screen and more.
- Script Editor Added the ‘text’ setting option for widget creators. Added the ability to use a working directory for live-updating scripts saved from a text editor. This setting can be found at the bottom of the settings section.
- New widgets: Cockpit camera, External camera, Drone camera, Reset camera, Camera speed, Animate focus, Animate zoom