Taking to Facebook, scenery developer Pacific Island Simulations (PacSim) has announced the release of their highly anticipated rendition of Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (KCLE) for Prepar3D.
Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (KCLE) is an international airport located 9nm to the southwest of downtown Cleveland, Ohio. The airport is the primary port of entry to the greater Cleveland metropolitan area and is a significant aviation hub within Ohio. It is considered the 43rd busiest airport within the United States and sees non-stop passenger services to 54 destinations.
On an interesting side note, Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (KCLE) is of particular importance to aviation history given the number of innovations born at the airport’s grounds and that subsequently went on to become the global standard. The airport, among others, was the first of its kind to boast an air traffic control tower, a ground-to-air radio control system, and an airfield lighting system, all of which were implemented before the 1940’s even began.
Having been one of the more anticipated releases of the recent past, highly regarded developer PacSim has taken to Facebook to announce the release of their rendition of this iconic and history-rich airport for P3D. According to the official product page, the scenery is set to come included with accurately modeled airport buildings and structures, dynamic lighting, SODE animated jetways on all gates, as well as high-resolution photorealistic seasonal textures, to name but just a few.
The scenery is now available for P3Dv5 and P3Dv4 via the Pacific Islands Simulations online store and will cost you $29.99. Customers should be aware that the price may vary upon the region of purchase. Additionally, it is worth mentioning that both the P3Dv5 and P3Dv4 versions of the airport are entirely different products and, as such, are not cross-compatible.
- Native P3DV5 product
- Accurate Terminal, hangars, towers, and airport layout
- Dynamic Lighting (Note: No 2D ground light splash option)
- SODE animated jetway system for all gates
- Custom runway and apron/tarmac textures
- High resolution (7cm-15cm pixel) photoreal seasonal ground textures
- KCLE Scenery Configurator Tool to tweak for optimum scenery fluidity including seasonal vegetation texture alternating
- Color-corrected ground textures to reflect real-world topography colors
- Fully optimized for smooth simulation experience