Origami Studios has released Gatwick Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. This is an up-to-date rendition of the UK’s second busiest airport and comes with a range of features for the new simulator. Gatwick is known for its busy single runway that often sees an aircraft taking off or landing every few minutes throughout the day. Origami Studios has partnered with iniScene to bring the airport to life in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The product comes with a mix of 4K and 2K texturing for optimal performance whilst ground clutter and custom cars help to “bring [the airport] to life.” The airport has been designed based on today’s layout, with all the current markings and signage correct based on charts and maps. Origami Studios originally said that this is a “significant upgrade” from the original X-Plane 11 version.
You can buy Origami Studios from the iniBuilds store for £11.99 (excluding taxes). It will be made available through the Microsoft Flight Simulator store at some point in the future.
You can also watch our first look video at Gatwick Airport by Origami Studios.
- A mix of 4K and 2K textures for optimal performance
- A custom, faithful recreation of the latest airport ground layout with accurate signage
- Realistic stand signs coupled with static, accurately placed VDGS
- Ground clutter and custom cars placed all around the airport to bring it to life
- Several variants of bespoke, animated jetways
- Accurate apron, runway and taxiway lighting throughout