Origami Studios, the team behind the Scottish Aviation Bulldog and SimToolKitPro, has disclosed further details of their first scenery project, Gatwick Airport (EGKK) for X-Plane.
Gatwick is the second Busiest airport in the UK and although it has two physical runways, these are positioned too close together to operate them simultaneously. This gives Gatwick the accolade of having the second busiest single runway operation in the world with up to 55 aircraft movements per hour.
Via their product page for Gatwick on the iniBuilds website, Origami Studios has published the full feature list for the airport which will include high-quality PBR ground texturing and custom colour corrected ortho-imagery, custom built 3D terminal buildings to include the most up to date layout with the addition of the pier 6 extension, A380 gate and the Boeing Hangar to the West of the airport. The release will support Sam Jetways as well as custom Safegate, animated airstairs at remote stands and a host of animated traffic, shuttle and trains around the airport.
Unfortunately, there has been no disclosure of price as of yet but Gatwick for X-Plane will be available from the 12th of February on the iniBuilds store.
- PBR high-quality ground textures
- Custom 3D terminal buildings, including complex high-quality renditions of north and south terminal
- Updated 2019 – 2020 layout including new Boeing hanger, new A380 gate and Pier 6 extension constructions
- Custom colour-corrected orthoimagery
- HDR lighting with realistic representation of new LED installations
- Custom SAM Jetways
- Custom Safegates based off published data
- Animated airstairs (Remote stands only)
- Animated groundtraffic, including Gatwick Shuttle and local Network Rail connections
- Tailored compatibility for JustFlight Traffic Global
- Optional “Follow the green” red stop-bars
- Optional 3D Grass