Orbx released Cityscape Sydney back in October 2020 and now the team are back with a fresh new update for the scenery product. Developer Frank Schnibben has taken the reigns on the update to the already impressive product. The new update includes a range of fixes and replacements, but also a comprehensive range of new points of interest.
First up is the range of bug fixes and changes to the product. In general, most of the fixes include new texturing on many of the objects to improve the overall quality. In addition, objects which were misplaced have been corrected and ugly default road overlays have been removed. For those looking to have a bit of fun in the area, the bridges in the area can now be flown under.
An extensive range of features have also been added. Those who live in the area will be pleased to know that recognisable areas such as Luna Park (including an animated Ferris wheel), Sydney Water HQ and Garden Island are all now included with the city park. Other points of interest, suburbs and objects have also been added. These newly added areas include Bankwest Stadium, Brickpit ring walk, Parramatta and a large number of ships and ferries at the docks.
Cityscape Sydney’s update is free of charge for current customers and can be downloaded now through Orbx Central. If you haven’t picked it up, it’s currently on sale for $12.72 AUD (approximately US$9.57 | €8,05 | £6.92). If you bought it through the in-sim Marketplace, you will need to wait until it has passed the required checks before the update is made avilable.
Bug Fixes and Replacements
- Misplaced objects corrected.
- New textures on many objects (e.g. AMP building).
- Overall improved textures.
- Removed some of the ugliest default road overlays
- Made the bridges flyable under (Harbour B. and Anzac B.).
- Improved alignment with FlyTampa YSSY.
- 3D cliff between Bondi Beach and South Head
- Luna Park (with animated ferris wheel) incl. North Sydney Swimming Pool and Milsons Point wharf
- 3D dockyard on Garden Island (HMAS Kattabul, Cowper wharf)
- Quay Quarter Tower
- White Bay cruise terminal
- Brickpit ring walk
- Parramatta POIs:
- Meriton + Altitude
- 6-8 Square
- 4 Square
- Sydney Water HQ
- Bankwest Stadium
- Lighthouses (with animated lights):
- Light Rail trains
- 2 cruise ships:
- Queen Mary 2 at Overseas Cruise Terminal
- Sirius (fictional) at White Bay terminal
- 2 new ferry classes placed along their routes from Circular Quay to Parramatta/Manly:
- Added boats and ferry wharfs