Announced at the tail end of last year, Orbx will be releasing the region of Florida as their next TrueEarth product for X-Plane 11. The Sunshine State is known for its humid weather and year-round sunshine. It is also known for hosting some of the world’s most popular tourist attractions, including the popular city of Miami.
Orbx screenshot artist Iain Emms has taken flight across the metropolis and has shared them online. The new previews show off just how far afield the busy city stretches, along with its impressive skyline and famous beaches.
No release date for TrueEarth US Florida has yet been shared, but you can see what features are in store below. Alternatively, you can see an impressive range of previews in our previous post introducing the scenery product for X-Plane 11.
TrueEarth US Florida Feature List
- Over 170,304 Sq. Km (65,754 Sq. Miles) of crisp USGS and NAIP sourced imagery
- Will come in both SD and HD versions
- Stunning ortho-imagery for the whole of Florida offering stunning views across the varied landscape including cities, beaches and Everglades National Park
- Beautifully crafted water masking along the hundreds of miles of coastline
- Key cities include Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale and beyond
- Exclusive ultra-HD Cityscape Miami accurately bringing this vibrant city to life
- Accurate building shapes to precisely match the ortho imagery footprints
- Nearly 1,000 custom-modelled 3D POIs; including Cape Canaveral, Orlando theme parks, major resorts and hotels, stadiums, bridges and much more!
- Millions of accurately placed trees
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments
- Superb night lighting for all 3D POI models and cityscapes