Orbx has released their latest in the TrueEarth series with the Sunshine State of Florida. The region is known for its humid temperatures, pleasant beaches and huge tourist appeal. With coastal views, vibrant cities and plenty of marshland to explore, Florida is one of the most diverse states to fly over in X-Plane 11.
Orbx has also introduced a new featured called True Colour Technology to really bring the colour matched scenery to life. TE US Florida includes over 8 million accurately placed buildings not just in the major cities such as Tampa and Miami, but rural areas such as the Everglades National Park. The built-up areas benefit from PBR texturing on nearly 1000 bespoke, 3D modelled, points of interest. The release will include both standard and high definition photo scenery compiled from USGS and NAIP covering over 170,000 square kilometres of land and sea.
Key cities include Miami, Orlando, Tampa and Jacksonville – all of which have been modelled to high detail.
Both an HD and SD version are available to purchase. The SD version features the same coverage, POIs and technology, it just features slightly reduced ground texture resolution. The slight reduction in texture size means that those with concerns about harddrive space have less to worry about and those with older hardware will get a smoother experience. It still provides incredible detail.
The SD version of TrueEarth US Florida could be yours for $58.95 AUD (Approx. US$39.78 | €36,16 | £30.60)
The HD version of TrueEarth US Florida could be yours for $69.95 AUD (Approx. US$47.20 | €42,91 | £36.31)
Buying the HD version also gives you access to the SD version. If you purchase the SD version, you can upgrade for $11 AUD in the future.
TrueEarth Feature List
- Over 170,304 Sq. Km (65,754 Sq. Miles) of crisp USGS and NAIP sourced imagery
- Will come in both SD and HD versions
- Stunning ortho-imagery for the whole of Florida offering stunning views across the varied landscape including cities, beaches and Everglades National Park
- Beautifully crafted water masking along the hundreds of miles of coastline
- Key cities include Miami, Orlando, Jacksonville, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale and beyond
- Exclusive ultra-HD Cityscape Miami accurately bringing this vibrant city to life
- Accurate building shapes to precisely match the ortho imagery footprints
- Nearly 1,000 custom-modelled 3D POIs; including Cape Canaveral, Orlando theme parks, major resorts and hotels, stadiums, bridges and much more!
- Millions of accurately placed trees
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments
- Superb night lighting for all 3D POI models and cityscapes