Scenery developer Orbx has released their next instalment of the TrueEarth series, Balearic Islands for X-Plane.
The Balearic archipelago is located off the east coast of Spain in the mediterranean sea and includes Menorca, Majorca and Ibiza. The islands are a holiday hot spot for Europeans from all over the continent but are visited more commonly by tourists from the UK, Belgium, Germany and France. Majorca is the largest of the islands and handles nearly 30 million passengers a year through the terminals of Spain’s third-largest airport, Palma De Mallorca. Ibiza, well known for its nightlife is also a world UNESCO heritage site alongside its neighbouring island, Formentera which is only accessible by boat. Although the second largest, Menorca is a rather quieter island which makes it a popular package holiday destination for airlines such as TUI and Jet2.
Orbx has delivered a highly detailed photoreal representation of the Islands with hand-edited colour textures, over 150 points of interest including historical monuments, hotels and attractions all over the islands. The release has used LiDAR data which details the heights and size of buildings and landmasses using laser technology and has been used to recreate accurate terrain mesh to 5M.
If you would like to purchase TrueEarth Balearic Islands for X-Plane, you will find it through Orbx Central where you can purchase it for $24.94 AUD which is roughly £15.27/$19.93/€16.93 Ex.VAT.
- Crisp and highly detailed 60cm/px aerial imagery
- Hand-edited texturing with colour corrections
- Over 150 POIs covering major hotels, attractions, historical buildings across all the Islands
- Accurate Spanish themed autogen
- Highly detailed mesh created from 5M LiDAR data
- Beautiful accurate vegetation matching colour, type and height
- Additional helipads on islands