Orbx has released Stockholm Bromma for MSFS. Stockholm Bromma Airport (ESSB) is Sweden’s third busiest airports, and is the closest airport actually located to the city compared to other passenger airports. Stockholm Bromma was opened in 1936, and it was the first European airport that had paved runways from the start. Nowadays, Stockholm Bromma serves a small number of airlines with destinations mostly in the Nordic region, as well as Brussels. The future of the airport, sadly, has already been decided on. The airport has a lot of restricting rules for nighttime operations as well as the type of commercial aircraft that are allowed to operate from the airport. The airport and its surrounding area have been designated as residential area.
However, luckily such restrictions nor future are part of our simulator world, nor did it stop developer Marcus Nyberg. Orbx’s rendition of Bromma Airport is highly detailed, and comes with highly detailed modelling and (4K) textures featuring both PBR and normal maps. There are plenty of details to be found throughout the airport, such as static planes, airport vehicles, baggage carts, trains and personnel. During winter, the airport is covered with a nice layer of snow, a feature that certainly can’t be overlooked on an airport in this location.
Orbx’s coverage doesn’t stop there. Due to its close proximity to the city, Bromma enjoys approaches that take passengers over some of the central parts of the city itself with plenty to look at. In order to replicate these beautiful approaches, Orbx has also included over 100 custom points of interests in the city itself. The scenery also enjoys high quality aerial imagery.
Orbx Stockholm Bromma is available $22.72 AUD from Orbx Direct.
- Bromma Airport in exquisitely detailed 4K depiction
- High-detailed 4K textures, with a majority featuring PBR and normal maps
- Stockholm City with 100+ incredible POI’s, giving a lot to explore
- Beautiful hand-coloured custom aerial imagery for the entire Stockholm city area
- Sloped runway
- Stunning representation of the airport surroundings with an incredible amount of detail, including the old hangar area that now serves as a shopping centre
- Developed in collaboration with Bromma Airport management
- Incredibly detailed 3D modelling and texturing
- WU:5 compatible