Orbx has released their Landmarks Mumbai City Pack for MSFS, adding more than 100 newly-rendered buildings to the city of Mumbai, India.
Mumbai is the largest city in India in terms of population with almost 12.5 million residents within the city itself, making it one of the most populous cities on earth. Renowned for its unique architectural styles, Orbx Landmarks Mumbai City brings the most prolific of these buildings into the MSFS world, with 16 of the most famous landmarks done in very high detail while the rest are created in framerate friendly medium detail. In addition to these buildings, heliports across the city have been replicated to provide a challenge to those who wish to use them.
Formerly known as Bombay dating back to the days of British Imperialism, the city was renamed Mumbai in 1995, some 48 years after India’s 1947 independence from Great Britain. Since then, Mumbai has evolved to feature beautifully modern buildings sprinkled in with the traditional Indian architecture from the city past. Mumbai is primarily served by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport (BOM/VABB) to the North of the city and the smaller Juhu Aerodrome (VAJJ) to the South serving General Aviation traffic. Some of the city’s most well-known landmarks which have been recreated in great detail with this product are the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Gateway of India, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Omkar 1973, Imperial Towers, and the Bandra–Worli Sea Link bridge. Helipads on ships and buildings alike may be found across Mumbai in this scenery for users to test their skills in landing helicopters on them.
This product may be downloaded from the MSFS Marketplace, Orbx Central, or the Orbx Direct Website for $9.99AUD.
- 16 high-detail custom landmarks including Taj Mahal Palace Hotel, Gateway of India, Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Omkar 1973, Imperial Towers, and the Bandra–Worli Sea Link bridge.
- More than 100 medium-detail custom landmarks showcase the truly unique architectural styles of old and new Mumbai.
- Several highrises with rooftop helipads, with additional landing areas on Navy frigates and at Shikra Heliport.
- Custom orthoimagery for Mumbai City as well as the port and industrial areas across the bay.
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, static boats, vessels, cranes, chimneys, etc.
- Extensive terraforming and shoreline adjustments across the coverage area.
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography.