Following a few teases and clues the past few weeks, Orbx has today confirmed and released Auckland City Pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The adds over 100 new detailed models and custom buildings to the City of Sails. Auckland sits on the bayside of the North Island of New Zealand and is famous for its unique structures, iconic sky towers and large harbours.
Orbx has packed a huge amount of detail into the product, with highly detailed custom landmarks for the likes of Auckland Harbour Bridge, Eden Park Stadium and the entire downtown waterfront near the Ferry Building and Hobson Wharf. In addition, over 100 other buildings have been modelled to ‘medium detail that helps capture the atmosphere of Auckland. Whilst the buildings themselves will improve the overall city look, Orbx has also included custom orthoimagery for downtown Auckland, whilst adding other enhancements to areas with improved vegetation, static boats, cranes and more.
Auckland will also be lit up at night thanks to the custom night lighting which has been based on real-world photography. For those wanting to stop off during the city tour, there are also several buildings with rooftop helipads, plus additional landing areas on moored vessels.
As you fly around, you will see buildings such as The Pacifica, PwC, and Seascape, and to the east the imposing structure of the Auckland War Memorial Museum.
- High-detail custom landmarks include Auckland Harbour Bridge, Sky Tower, Auckland War Memorial Museum, Eden Park Stadium, and the entire downtown waterfront between the Ferry Building and Hobson Wharf.
- More than 100 medium-detail custom buildings showcase the unique architecture of historic and new Auckland.
- Several buildings with rooftop helipads, with additional landing areas on moored vessels and at the Mechanics Bay heliport.
- Animated features on both water and land.
- Custom orthoimagery for downtown Auckland and the entire Waitematā Harbour waterfront.
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, static boats, vessels, cranes, antennae, etc.
- Extensive terraforming and shoreline adjustments across the coverage area.
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography.