Shortly after releasing Hollywood Burbank Airport, Orbx has dropped a nice small freeware airfield scenery for Microsoft Flight Simulator, know as Fairways Airport (OG20). The scenery was designed specifically for MSFS. The Fairways Airport is located 12 Nm south of Portland, Oregon, in the town of Oregon City. It has two perpendicular grass runways, surrounded by a golf course and an urbanized area. Along both runways and around the threshold are a bunch of trees that can make the very short final piloting quite challenging. The Orbx rendition features PBR materials influenced by weather and custom 30cm/pixel ortho imagery.
The Orbx Fairways Airport for MSFS can be redeemed for free through your Orbx Direct account, and is available solely for MSFS.
- Developed from scratch for Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Custom high resolution PBR buildings
- 30cm/pixel custom ortho imagery
- Accurately sloped runways
- Developed by Mark Silvester and Karl Hoybye