After being formally announced during FlightSimExpo 2019, Orbx has released EGLC London City for X-Plane 11. The airport in the Capital of England sits right in the city centre with towering skyscrapers, the River Themes and a range of other tall buildings to provide an incredible steep approach into the business-centric airport. Airlines such as British Airways, FlyBe and KLM visit the airport on a frequent basis in a variety of aircraft.
London City from Orbx represents the first fully PBR airport from the team. It includes the standard HD textures, detailed airport objects and terminal buildings and animated traffic. London City includes the Excel building, Tate & Lyle Sugar Factory and a range of other high-rise buildings to give a wonderful view on approach. The full feature list is down below.
EGLC London City Airport from Orbx is available now for $32.95 AUD (approximately US$22.96 | €20,60 | £18.37) at the time of writing.
The product has been designed to blend in with TrueEarth GB South, but will function without. However, users should be aware that without TrueEarth GB South, there may be some irregularities with blending or missing forests.
EGLC London City Airport Feature List
- Full PBR representation of London City Airport and surroundings.
- HD textures throughout
- PBR groundpolygon with dry, damp and wet states.
- Highly detailed PBR Ground Service Equipment and Clutter models
- Realistic road traffic on surrounding streets
- Includes the Excel building, Tate & Lyle Sugar factory and surrounding high-rise buildings.
- 60cm orthoimagery blended to match TrueEarth GB South
- Includes realistic approach and airport lighting.
- Introducing all new detailed HD PBR static aircraft models
- Dynamic Fire & Rescue response