Orbx has released its long-awaited Burbank Airport for Preapr3D v4+. Created by seasoned developer Matteo Veneziani, Burbank Airport will offer flight simulation fans the chance to fly around this famous area of California with impressive details, ultra-high-resoltuion textures in a variety of ways.
As we wrote before, Hollywood Burbank Airport (formerly known as Bob Hope Airport) is located in the northern part of Los Angeles, not far from many of the major film industry headquarters and shooting studios. Included in the scenery package is the famous Hollywood Sign, so you can take a short hop to see it. The airport has two crossing runways (15/33 and 8/26), both of which are relatively short, measuring 6900 and 5800ft respectively. Due to noise concerns, special noise abatement procedures are in use, with aircraft taking-off runway 15 and landing runway 8.
Matteo has really embraced the location with providing custom layouts, building and vegetation for a true Californian experience, as well as 6 skyscraper helipads and 2 bonus airstrips (KVNY Van Nuys and KWHP Whiteman). Coverage includes the San Fernando Valley, Hollywood Hills and surrounding mountains, with ground textures getting as high as 30cm in resolution closest to the airport. A variety of points of interest such as Griffith Observatory, Universal Studios, and others are also included.
You can buy Orbx’s Burbank Airport (KBUR) for Prepar3D right now from Orbx for $39.95 AUD (US$27.41 | €24.44 | £22.00).
- Complete ultra-HD rendition of Hollywood Burbank Airport
- Custom modelling throughout, with complete PBR textures
- 1400km2 of extended cityscape scenery
- Covers the entirety of the San Fernando Valley, Hollywood Hills and surrounding mountains
- Hand-edited ground textures at 30cm & 1m resolution
- Dozens of points of interest, including Universal Studios, Hollywood Sign, Griffith Observatory and more
- Unique GSE and static aircraft fleet unique to Burbank
- Custom vegetation, grass and non-airside detailing
- Incredibly detailed landside approaches
- High-resolution 10m DEM
- All non-residential buildings as custom 3D models with unique roof textures
- 2x Bonus Lite Airstrips: KVNY Van Nuys and KWHP Whiteman
- 6 skyscraper helipads
- Start-of-the-art optimization techniques to ensure best performance
- Developed by Matteo Veneziani