Orbx has released Ålesund Vigra airport for P3Dv4+ developed by Finn Hansen. The airport is located on the island of Vigra in the west coast of Norway.
The airport is ranked the tenth busiest in Norway in terms of passenger count. Scandinavian Airlines, Norwegian, and Wideroe serve with flights from Oslo, Bergen and Trondheim along with seasonal carriers such as Aegean and regularly scheduled flights from Amsterdam operated by KLM.
Finn has created an accurate rendition of the airport with realistic 3D modelling which includes the areas surrounding Ålesund. The airport uses PBR materials and 4K textures along with cutting-edge snow technology and plenty of landmarks within the extended coverage area. Ålesund is designed to be compatible with Orbx Norway or Global Base, the airport is also completely compatible with OpenLC Europe and Global Vector.
- Complete depiction of Ålesund Vigra Airport, Norway and surrounding islands
- Ultra high-detail rendition of the the airport, with advanced materials including PBR, up to 4k resolution
- Incredible 7cm ground imagery around the airport
- Extensive coverage area at 60cm, encompassing Vigra, Lepsøya, Valderøya, Giske, Godøya, Ellingsøya and Gamlemsveten
- Ultra-HD unique GSE, boats and vehicles designed by Finn exclusively for Ålesund
- Extended coverage area including custom 10m DEM, re-worked coastlines, roads, landclass and more
- Numerous POI, including the Subsea 7 North Sea Spoolbase and Giske Bridge
- Hand-placed autogen & complete seasonal variations
- Advanced 3D snow tech around the airport
- Popular tourist destination, served by legacy & LCC carriers with the NGX, A320, ATR72, Dash-8 and more.
- A short hop to other Orbx favourites such as Notodden, Hammerfest, Scandinavian Mountains Airport and Gothenburg
- Designed for P3Dv4 & P3Dv5 to blend seamlessly with Orbx Norway or Global Base
- Carefully optimized for very high performance using the latest techniques
- The latest project from Norwegian developer Finn Hansen (Notodden/Hammerfest/Gisborne)