Orbx has released Refuge Cove: the popular seaplane base that can be found in the south of British Columbia near Vancouver. Refuge Cove is also the main supply point for the Desolation Sound area in the Inside Passage. It’s kept up by the community of the place, which can vary from a mere 12 during the winter up to several hundreds during the summer. The two main ways to get to Refuge Cove are by boat and seaplane. Refuge Cove comes with several features, which you can find at the end of this post. Refuge Cove is available for free from Orbx Direct. Keep in mind however that Orbx’ FTX Pacific Northwest region is required.
- The Refuge Cove Marina including associated buildings, the seaplane float, docks and authentic clutter
- PR, autogen and navigation aids at Grief Point, a landmark enroute from CAG8 to YRC
- A number of authentic static high resolution custom boats and dinghies
- Six AI boat routes with custom high resolution boats
- A static Kenmore DHC3
- Additional areas Bliss Landing, Mink Island, Prideaux Haven, Forbes Bay & Squirrel Cove