Orbx has shared the first previews for one of their most anticipated regions for their TrueEarth series. Following on from Northern California, TrueEarth US Southern Califonia will cover over 250,000 square KM of the world with plenty of detail, custom modelling and plenty of points of interest to explore.
According to the map published, Southern California will start coverage from the North near Mt. Whitney and Death Valley and expand all the way south towards the Mexican border including key cities such as Los Angeles and San Diego. Other destinations including Santa Maria, Palm Springs and many others are also included. The post on the forums also said that over 1000 hand-placed objects will be provided including famous locations such as the Hollywood sign.
A range of previews and screenshots were shared on the Orbx forums, many of which are down below. Finally, it appears that the scenery is on “final” with a release coming soon.
- Over 250,000 Sq. KM of crisp and color corrected aerial imagery
- Detailed cityscapes for key cities including Los Angeles and San Diego
- Unforgettable points of interest such as the famous Hollywood Sign
- Over 1000 hand-placed objects to provide an immersive and realistic VFR experience
- Optimised for the best performance even when flying jets across the stunning landscape
- Millions of accurately placed buildings, trees and vegetation perfect for online flying with friend
- Superb night lighting across all 3D objects for vibrant night-scenes
- Perfectly blends with Orbx TrueEarth US Northern California
- Compatible with X-Plane 11.40 and above, including the new Vulkan technology