Seeking some adventure around South Africa? Then Orbx has you covered with the recent release of Landmarks Cape Town for Microsoft Flight Simulator.The newest product in their Landmarks package will include a number of iconic locations to explore across what is commonly referred to as “Mother City”. Cape Town is known for its urban areas, iconic Table Mountain and stunning views over the Atlantic.
Throughout the city, you will be able to overfly areas that depict the mix of older and more modern structures, the residential and industrial ports and also the new shopping malls, condos and marinas. In total, 110 medium-detail custom landmarks have been included along with several high-detail landmarks. Those highly detailed ones include Cape Town Stadium, Castle of Good Hope and the University of Cape Town. Also, a custom laser rhino has been projected onto Table Mountain and is selectable via the control panel. Furthermore, if you like to fly helicopters, then Orbx has included hardened helipads within the city, along with on the vessels within the harbour itself.
Landmarks Cape Town City Pack will be a great destination to fly your Optica.
You can buy Landmarks Cape Town City Pack for $13.63 AUD (approximately US$10.51 | €8,67 | £7.45) from OrbxDirect.
- Several high-detail custom landmarks including the Cape Town Stadium, Castle of Good Hope, and University of Cape Town
- More than 110 medium-detail custom landmarks, balancing quality and performance.
- Many enhancements to the city and surrounding areas: improved vegetation and building placements, industrial areas and power stations, chimneys, etc.
- Specific focus on the harbour areas, with a with diversity of custom vessels and port infrastructure
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Custom orthoimagery covering all of the city from the western bays to Rondebosch in the east
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography
- Anti-poaching campaign “laser” rhino projected onto Table Mountain at night (selectable with control panel)