Orbx has released EGCK Caernarfon Airport for X-Plane 11. This general aviation airport is located in the heart of Snowdonia, North Wales, and offers splendid views of the countryside during various stages of flight. Developed by TrueEarth developer Tony Wroblewski, the airport will feature all the bells and whistles for a typical Orbx airport.
The airport features high definition 2cm /px hand-painted ground textures, custom-built 3D objects including signage, fencing and equipment which is all based on real-world photos, and also PBR materials for airport buildings perfectly reacting to lighting conditions. The airport also features some unique aspects too, such as having large wind turbines next to the runway which makes for a very interesting approach into the small airfield.
Features at a glance:
- Ultra high definition 2cm/px bespoke hand-painted ground textures for the immediate airport area.
- High definition, hand-crafted 30cm/px imagery for the surrounding area.
- Custom and unique built ground vehicles and aircraft based at the airfield all modelled and included.
- Accurately and superbly modelled buildings based on real-world mapping and LiDAR height data.
- Detailed 3D fencing, signage and equipment modelled from real-world photographs
- High definition hand-crafted PBR materials for the airport buildings which react perfectly to the lighting conditions.
- Historic RAF Llandwrog buildings fully modelled and ready to be explored.
- Surrounding POIs, e.g. Morfa Holiday Park, Fort Belan and farmland buildings have been modelled and included.
- Optimized for best performance and blended seamlessly with Orbx GB TrueEarth Central
- Animated and functional signal square, anemometer and windsock.d3d2