Located in Essex, Stapleford Airfield (EGSG) is a family-run flight training business centre with various charter services offering flights over London. The UK airport has today been confirmed to be in development by Orbx and will be released this coming weekend.
The airport was originally developed by Russ White as one of the first UK airfields ever made, and the newly made airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator will bring with it all the charm and character the original had. The airport will feature modern technology such as PBR materials, high definition texturing and various bespoke detailing on the buildings. Many of the details were captured from airside photos arranged specifically for the Orbx development team.
As mentioned, Stapleford Airfield will release for Microsoft Flight Simulator this weekend on OrbxDirect. We’ll keep you informed of the release details once we know them.
- Faithfully recreated depiction of EGSG Stapleford Airfield crafted from on-site photos
- Fully custom modelled airport with weathered textures
- PBR airport buildings with meticulous attention to detail
- Carefully hand-placed clutter to brings the airport to life
- True to life ground textures and markings
- Perfectly located for short flights in the south-east of England