Orbx is heading down under again with their next release for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Mackay Airport will be developer Rob Byrne’s debut airport and will come with a number of features to impress flight simmers.
The airport will come with 15cm aerial imagery that will cover the airport and nearby area for an immersive approach. Alongside that, the airport will come with custom ground poly which has been specifically made for Australian airports. Despite being Rob’s first airport, he has designed the airport with ultra-high resolution details and is fully PBR compliant.
Known as the “Sugar Capital of Australia”, Mackay is around 1 hour and 20 minutes from Brisbane and is described as a “thriving mining and agricultural city with a growing tourism market“. The airport itself is a mid-sized airport that is capable of handling aircraft up to the size of an A320/B737.
Orbx hasn’t announced a release date, but expect to see it soon on OrbxDirect and Orbx Central.
- Stunning 15cm aerial imagery covering the airport and the immediate surrounds
- Painstakingly detailed rendition of Mackay Airport with ultra-high resolution textures
- Custom ground poly detailing specific to Australian airports
- Terraformed runways, drainage channels, taxiways and aprons to reflect the natural and man-made landscaping
- Debut project from indie developer Rob Byrne
- Use of realistic PBR detailing