Working alongside developers Gaya Simulations, Orbx has officially announced that they will soon publish their first entry into the French Alps. LFLJ Courchevel Altiport (not a misspelling), serves as an important destination for skiiers in the region, by offering easy access to a range of slopes in the nearby area. The most appealing element for simmers is the steep 18.66% inclination on the runway – making it comparable to the likes of Lukla.
The challenging approach and take off make for interesting routes as you pilot aircraft up to 50-passengers capacity, or the use of helicopters on the various landing pads.
Developer Gaya Simulations has worked alongside Orbx to recreate the airport with as much accuracy and realism as possible. The airport has been created with refined details such as hand-sculpted mesh up to 0.5m, ultra HD 4K textures for the large airport area and also PBR material. The airport was developed in close conjunction with official airport personnel, to enable the developers to ensure maximum accuracy in even the tiniest details.
As well as the airport, the team has also included crisp photoreal scenery surrounding the airport, which has been optimised for best performance.
No release or pricing details at present, but we will update you in due course.
In related Orbx news, they recently released Leeds Bradford for X-Plane 11.
- Ultra-accurate and hand-sculpted mesh up to 0.5m (!) for the whole airport and the scenery coverage
- Hand made Ultra HD textures for the airport area and 0.5m/pix for the entire satellite image coverage
- Airport developed with close connection with the official Courchevel airport personnel with an outstanding level of detail and accuracy
- Accurately positioned fences, terraces, vegetation, vehicles and much more
- High-quality textures (4k) for the entire airport building.
- Accurate tunnel below the runway with custom animated vehicles driving through it, based on native X-Plane 11 meshwork.
- Model and accurate placement of the full town of Courchevel which include dozens of POIs all around the mini region and the approach.
- Many custom animated cars make it a living scenery include animated clock on the front of the main hangar of the airport
- Ultra high quality and accurate PBR runway textures.
- Very realistic and dynamic lights in the airport and over the towns in the region.
- Custom French Alps autogen buildings populated the villages and towns in the region.
- Accurate static aircraft
- Well optimized scenery with great performance
- Many custom modeled POI buildings in the airport precinct
- Beautifull atmospheric villages, ski resorts and crystal blue lakes