After a detailed post earlier this month from Orbx about what 2022 holds, the team has revealed their next destination to be released for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Landmarks Panama City will depict the iconic city and docks.
The new Landmarks product will come with a number of features that will represent the city in a huge amount of detail. For example, all five canal lock groups will be modelled with Panama City Pack from Orbx. As well as Cocoli locks, there are numerous historic canal buildings and monuments that are all representative of the real world. The docks wouldn’t be complete without some life, so Orbx has included 50 different static vessels, cruise terminals and more.
Beyond the docks, there is a detailed representation of Panama City itself, including the historic Casco Viejo district, along with the more modern Bellagio and The Grand Tower towers. 60 medium-detail custom buildings have also been included such as museums, government buildings, and more. Finally, Orbx has completed the scenery area by including custom orthoimagery, along with improved vegetation, terraforming and building placement.
Orbx has not yet said when it will release, nor for how much. However, Orbx has been quick to release products after their initial product announcements, so it’s not likely there will be a long wait until you can add Landmarks Panama City to your Microsoft Flight Simulator collection.
- All five canal lock groups, modeled in high detail, from the Cocilo Locks on the Pacific coast to Gatun Locks on the Atlantic side.
- Historic and administrative canal buildings and monuments, plus the Agua Clara Locks Visitor Center.
- Special focus on the approaches to the canal, including container, oil, and cruise terminals, control towers.
- More than 50 different types of static vessels, placed throughout the canal and port areas.
- Detailed models of the Centennial Bridge and Atlantic Bridge, crossing the canal.
- Custom landmarks in Panama City include the historic Casco Viejo district, as well as modern towers such as Bellagio and The Grand Tower.
- More than 60 medium-detail custom buildings of Panama City: highrises, museums, government buildings, stadiums, etc.
- Several buildings with rooftop helipads, with additional landing areas on vessels throughout the canal.
- Animated features and special effects on both water and land.
- Custom orthoimagery for downtown Panama City and the north and south ends of the canal.
- Many enhancements throughout the coverage area: improved vegetation and building placements, extensive terraforming, and shoreline adjustments.
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography.