Orbx has announced they will be heading back Down Under with a brand new city pack. Orbx Landmarks Brisbane will recreate the Australian city in incredible detail. Highlighting the charm, culture and subtropical atmosphere of the capital of Queensland, the all-new pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator will feature over 125 custom landmarks transforming the area in the sim.
In the announcement post from Orbx, the team has confirmed that highly detailed landmarks such as Brisban Skytower, The Gabba, Suncorp Stadium and the Riverside Expressway bridge system will all be included. In addition, there will be 125 other landmarks that complete the Brisbane skyline. Throughout the scenery product, extensive terraforming has been included to ensure that all custom landmark buildings and points of interest blend in seamlessly with the simulator’s terrain system. Just as with Sydney, custom orthoimagery will also be included, as well as custom night lighting based on real-world photography.
Above all, Orbx has also confirmed that the City Park will be perfectly paired with the upcoming Brisbane Airport (YBBN) for Microsoft Flight Simulator when that releases in the future.
There are plenty of previews to look over for
s Brisbane City Pack from Orbx. It is confirmed that the product has entered a beta testing period and will see a release later this month.
The news of Landmarks Brisbane follows on from the range of extensive previews of Landmarks Singapore by Orbx. Orbx also recently released their public version of Volanta and you can read our first impressions here.
- 4 high-detail custom landmarks: Brisbane Skytower, The Gabba and Suncorp Stadiums, Riverside Expressway bridge system
- 125 medium-detail custom landmarks, providing a comprehensive Brisbane skyline while balancing quality and performance
- Extensive terraforming across the coverage area, enhancing how our custom landmarks sit within the simulator’s terrain
- Enhancements to the Brisbane River between downtown and the estuary: marinas, moored boats, CityCat ferries, New Farm Riverwalk, etc.
- Detailed representation of the Port of Brisbane (Fisherman Island) and adjacent tank farms and industrial areas
- Custom orthoimagery with partially exposed tidal sandbars and wetlands east of YBBN and south of Fisherman Island
- Custom night lighting based on real-world photography
- Perfectly matched with our upcoming YBBN Brisbane Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator