Orbx is bringing Lamezia Terme International Airport (LICA) to Microsoft Flight Simulator, with the announcement being made on their forums.
Lamezia Terme International Airport is a medium-sized airport located just outside the city of Lamezia Terme, Calabria, Southern Italy. The airport opened in 1976 and over the years has received a number of upgrades and modernisation work including a new passenger terminal, a new apron and a runway extension. Today, Lamezia serves a number of domestic and international airlines with over 39 destinations in 12 countries.
Orbx mentions they have taken great care to provide an up-to-date rendition of Lamezia Terme International Airport including the recent runway extension, new apron and the terminal’s unique design features. The airport will also include high-quality PBR texturing throughout and Xbox optimisations.
No release date has been announced as of yet but make sure to stay tuned to FSElite for more updates.
- Detailed modelling of the entire airport area
- Up-to-date (October 2022) layout including the new extended apron and runway extension
- Custom statics of AB 412 and Canadair CL-415 aircraft that operate at LICA
- Projected mesh ground poly
- Custom GSE and clutter
- Animated radar
- Custom taxi signs and approach lighting
Please note that these screenshots feature aircraft from AIG AI traffic.