Following their other recent releases, scenery developer Northern Sky Studio has released Seward Airport (PAWD) for X-Plane users to discover.
Seward Airport (PAWD) is a public-use airport situated on the Kenai Peninsula in the U.S. state of Alaska. The airport was initially opened as a U.S. military facility during World War II and was then known as Walseth Air Force Base. Following its closure as an air force base in 1947, the field was handed over to the public authorities of the U.S. state of Alaska. Although having originally had scheduled passenger services to Anchorage International Airport, the primary airport serving the state of Alaska, said services have now been abandoned. Today, the airport only sees general aviation flights and air taxi services operating to and from its grounds.
Well-known Alaskan scenery developer Northern Sky Studios has released its rendition of this general aviation airfield for X-Plane users to discover. In addition to featuring an accurate and up-to-date recreation of the airport and its surrounding area, the product also includes high-resolution ground & building textures, custom airport mesh, full PBR materials, and custom orthophotos for the airport and surrounding area.
Northern Sky Studios rendition of Seward Airport (PAWD) for X-Plane 11 is available for purchase via the X-Plane.org store page linked here and will cost you $14.00 E.x. VAT.
- Detailed replica of airport buildings and vehicles
- High resolution ground textures / Custom runway textures
- High resolution building textures
- Hand-placed custom autogen buildings and forest
- Compatible with X-Plane 11 features
- Custom mesh for the airport area (Ortho4XP)
- All materials created for full PBR
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on all airport buildings
- Custom orthophoto for the airport and surrounding areas
- World Traffic 3 compatible
- Compatible with Ortho4XP and default mesh