Scenery developer Northern Sky has released Molokai Airports for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The new airport package release combines two airports into a single product. Molokai Airport (PHMK) is a public airport on the island of Molokai in Hawaii and mostly sees general aviation traffic. The second airport included in the package is Kalaupapa Airport (PHLU), which features a 2,700ft runway with scheduled passenger operations from Mokulele Airlines. Both airports are frequently served by one another in the real-world making for some fun and scenic routings.
The scenery package was originally designed for X-Plane 10 and 11 back in 2017, but has since undergone major changes to release for Microsoft Flight Simulator. As a result, the airport scenery now has complete PBR materials, shading and occlusion effects on all terminal buildings and native models for the simulator for the best performance. Finally, the team has incorporated custom orthophotography for the airport and the surrounding area.
- The most detailed replica of airport buildings and vehicles
- Detailed mesh for the airport area
- Custom surroundings
- All materials created for full PBR
- Shading and occlusion (texture baking) effects on all airport buildings
- High-resolution building textures
- Use of native, highly efficient gITF models
- Custom orthophoto for the airport and surrounding areas