Over on the X-Plane forum, NK Design has announced the release of their freeware rendition of Elstree Aerodrome for X-Plane 11.
Situated in the beautiful Hertfordshire countryside in southern England, this general aviation airfield is famous for its aero clubs and private pilot owners for the basing and operation of single and twin-engined light aircraft and helicopters.
Included within this release is the use of PBR effects throughout the entirety of the aerodrome. You can also expect highly detailed objects and buildings, ground texturing, volumetric grass and vegetation and seamless blending with Orbx True Earth South and Ortho.
To download this scenery, a download link is available from the X-Plane forum here.
Donations for the developer can be made on the forum but it is not mandatory.
- High res volumetric grass/vegetation
- Every object, texture has been custom made – no libraries required
- Tons of individually placed objects, all with pre-rendered ambient occlusion
- Stunning application of PBR throughout
- Designed to blend seamlessly with Orbx TE South (and Ortho)